HARTING Americas is a subsidiary of HARTING Technology Group, a German-based global leader in the connector industry. We develop, manufacture and sell the world's most durable and reliable products and solutions for use in mechanical and plant engineering, factory automation, power generation and distribution as well as industrial electronics and data centers.
POSITION SUMMARY: Plan and execute the penetration of designated National and Key Accounts in the Data Center industry with the full range of HARTING products and technologies and achieve budgetary and medium-term sales goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Map network of manufacturing plants, design and decision-making centers, supply chain methods, subcontractors, contract manufacturers and distributors associated with the designated Tier 1 global Data Center accounts.
- Evaluate the overall connectivity potential and determine the share of this potential by competitors on an on-going basis.
- Propose and execute with management support, medium to long term penetration plans to maximize HARTING’s share of this potential and identify profitable new product development opportunities.
- Develop business relationships at the highest possible levels within both the Key Account as the major sub-contractors, to cement the company to company relationships and early access to future business.
- Closely coordinate all project activity with both Market Development Management as well as with Product Management to ensure an efficient two-way flow of information between HINA and the corporate divisions and departments regarding product development, evaluation of potentials and international coordination, as needed.
- Design in HARTING products into Account’s equipment and automation lines by working closely with customer’s engineering and supply chain personnel in order to gain approval for corporate specifications or individual project approval.
- Review plans, and other customer and industry standards to develop and prepare cost effective solutions utilizing HARTING solutions.
- Analyze and propose changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operation.
- Provide technical training to employees of client as needed.
- Prepares monthly reports to HARTING management on sales activity and forecasting monthly sales and prepare annual forecasts and medium-term goals for planning purposes.
- Represent HARTING at tradeshows related to Account’s business.
- Maintain a timely and reliable record of all Account activity in CRM
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (BSEE, BSME or Computer Engineering) from accredited four-year college or university;
- Five or more years of experience data center selling.
- Must be literate in using Microsoft Office programs and possess overall good to excellent computer skills.
- Prior knowledge and use of CRM, SAP preferred
Our Culture: As a third generation, family-owned company, with over 75 years of history, we continue to create value and shape the future with technologies for people. You will discover that we work hard – to fulfill our personal, company, and customer goals, and in our commitment to our community with our holiday drives and our paid VTO (Voluntary Time Off). You will also discover that we like to have fun – like when we celebrate the holidays, host theme days and sweater parties, prost to Oktoberfest, and much more!
HARTING USA offers an attractive total compensation package and employee benefits, including:
- 18 days PTO (Paid Time Off) to start – quickly earn more PTO as you stick with us (33 days max)
- Medical, dental, and vision – several Blue Cross Blue Shield plan options to choose from
- Company-sponsored life, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability – at no cost to employee
- 401(k) with a 4% dollar-for-dollar match – fully vested upon eligibility!