HARTING Americas is a subsidiary of HARTING Technology Group, a German-based global leader in the connector industry. We develop, manufacture and sell the world's most durable and reliable products and solutions for use in mechanical and plant engineering, broadcast and entertainment, factory automation, power generation and distribution as well as industrial electronics and Data Centers.
Responsible for achieving the sales results for the assigned trade area to all key markets for the company’s different product groups by maintaining strong account contact. Improve account planning and growth relationships with End-Users, OEMs and Distributors. This is accomplished by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Formulate and recommend policies and objectives to ensure the most effective operation of field sales activities and ensure that policies and objectives are fully understood and executed by all assigned personnel.
- Establish and maintain personal sales accountability with the key decision makers and influencers of existing and potential OEM customers.
- Work closely with marketing staff members in activities such as market and product selection; product introduction strategy; sales launches, and new programs and promotions as required.
- Develop an annual sales plan for the trading area to support Corporate and Sales/Marketing objectives.
- Supervise and review annual sales assignment by product group, market area, distributor, and account potential.
- Develop territory plans by market, key account, and key distribution channels for all new product introductions and sales. Assure 100% participation and take corrective action when required.
- Provide the means for training and improvement of customers and distributors.
- Establish a desire throughout the territory to know and understand the customer and to recognize the value of the customer’s culture and needs. Must faithfully maintain CRM to include data regarding key decision makers at Key Accounts and other criteria as required by Corporate.
- Conduct business/performance reviews on a quarterly basis.
- Attend and participate in industry meetings and trade shows considered important to HARTING’s marketing strategy. Must maintain accurate list of sales leads and follow-up activity as a result of the specific trade show.
- Advise Regional Sales Manager and Marketing Management on an ongoing basis of competitive actions required and recommended action to be taken.
- Top-tier, strategical account development
- Responsible for identifying and specifying high level application-specific solutions, with a focus on integrated systems (custom backplane solutions, box builds, auto-ID systems, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Motivated, self-starter individual
- Solutions-selling experience in technical products
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skill set, strong presentation skills, ability to interact with any level within an organization
- Ability to identify and build relationships with key decision makers and influencers
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and within a team environment, motivating team members accordingly
- Well-organized, goal-oriented performer with desire to exceed goals and expectations
- Must always demonstrate complete business integrity and sensitivity
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Technical Degree required Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Broad knowledge of Technical Sales and Marketing concepts, along with sales and management techniques.
- 3 - 5 years of comprehensive business experience with at least 2 of those in technical sales, all of which involved the successful selling of -technical products in the marketplace.
- Electronic connector or device experience preferred.
- Must be literate in using Microsoft Office programs and possess overall good to excellent computer skills.
- Prior knowledge and use of CRM, SAP preferred
Our Culture: As a third generation, family-owned company, with over 75 years of history, we continue to create value and shape the future with technologies for people. You will discover that we work hard – to fulfill our personal, company, and customer goals, and in our commitment to our community with our holiday drives and our paid VTO (Voluntary Time Off). You will also discover that we like to have fun – like when we celebrate the holidays, host theme days and sweater parties, prost to Oktoberfest, and much more!
HARTING USA offers an attractive total compensation package and employee benefits, including:
- 18 days PTO (Paid Time Off) to start – quickly earn more PTO as you stick with us (33 days max)
- Medical, dental, and vision – several Blue Cross Blue Shield plan options to choose from
- Company-sponsored life, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability – at no cost to employee
- 401(k) with a 4% dollar-for-dollar match – fully vested upon eligibility!