HARTING Americas is the subsidiary of HARTING Technology Group, a German-based global leader in the connector industry. We develop, manufacture and sell the world's most durable and reliable products and solutions for use in mechanical and plant engineering, broadcast and entertainment, factory automation, power generation and distribution as well as industrial electronics and telecommunication.
HARTING, Inc. of North America is urgently seeking a Territory Sales Manager to join our team in the state of New York! Three years of a blend of an engineering background and proven technical sales experience would thrive in this type of role. As a Territory Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for achieving the sales results for the assigned trade area to all key markets for the company’s different product groups by maintaining strong account contact. You are also responsible for improving account planning, and grow relationships with End-Users, OEMs and Distributors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulate and recommend policies and objectives to ensure the most effective operation of field sales activities and ensure that policies and objectives are fully understood and executed by all assigned personnel.
- Establish and maintain personal sales accountability with the key decision makers and influencers of existing and potential OEM customers.
- Work closely with marketing staff members in activities such as market and product selection; product introduction strategy; sales launches, and new programs and promotions as required.
- Develop an annual sales plan for the trading area to support Corporate and Sales/Marketing objectives.
- Supervise and review annual sales assignment by product group, market area, distributor, and account potential.
- Develop territory plans by market, key account, and key distribution channels for all new product introductions and sales.
- Advise Regional Sales Manager and Marketing Management on an ongoing basis of competitive actions required and recommended action to be taken.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required in engineering or a computer science degree.
- Broad knowledge of Technical Sales and Marketing concepts, along with sales and management techniques.
- 3+ years of comprehensive business experience which must include some technical sales experience.
- Prior knowledge and use of CRM, SAP or another major ERP system preferred
Our Culture: As a third generation, family-owned company, with over 75 years of history, we continue to create value and shape the future with technologies for people. You will discover that we work hard – to fulfill our personal, company, and customer goals, and in our commitment to our community with our holiday drives and our paid VTO (Voluntary Time Off). You will also discover that we like to have fun – like when we celebrate the holidays, host theme days and sweater parties, prost to Oktoberfest, and much more!
HARTING USA offers an attractive total compensation package and employee benefits, including:
- 18 days PTO (Paid Time Off) to start – quickly earn more PTO as you stick with us (33 days max)
- Medical, dental, and vision – several Blue Cross Blue Shield plan options to choose from
- Company-sponsored life, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability – at no cost to employee
- 401(k) with a 4% dollar-for-dollar match – fully vested upon eligibility!