May 09, 2022
ESD-Environmental Systems Design
The Sustainability Consultant performs basic technical and project management duties under the supervision of senior staff. Understands and identifies project requirements and performs independent technical work on basic tasks within one’s own discipline. Provides guidance to Energy & Sustainability Technician on completion of duties.
Entry-level (0-5 years)
•Accredited engineering, architecture, or interior design degree or equivalent experience required. •3-5 years experience project managing commercial interior and new construction projects. •AIA, PE or IIDA accreditation a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project manage LEED, WELL, and Fitwel projects from SD to CA to successful certification for various project types (i.e. interiors, new construction, core and shell, existing buildings).
- Assist senior staff on more complex projects.
- Provide thought leadership on sustainability best practices and trends (e.g. blog posts, articles, internal and external presentations). Highlights opportunities to synergize with other ESD service offerings.
- Actively participates in the Professional community to build personal knowledge and professional growth (e.g. attend meetings / seminars / conferences.)
- Interested in pursuing professional accreditation in LEED, WELL, and Fitwel with support from company.
- Performs project duties as follows:
- Ensure deliverable quality, accuracy and timeliness are met with consistency for client under minimal supervision
- Gives input or creates plans to complete tasks within the project timeline and budget, identifies required precursors from other disciplines in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to project budget.
- Identifies and reports potential roadblocks and competing client and co-worker priorities that may inhibit the ability to maintain the project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Possess basic knowledge of each disciplines role on a project.
- •LEED AP, WELL AP and/or Fitwel Ambassador accreditation a plus.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents and specifications, technical procedures, and certification reference guides.
- Proficient in applicable software (i.e. Excel, PPT).
- Exhibits strong communication skills to confidently interact and communicate scope and coordinate tasks with vendors and inter-discipline co-workers.
- Displays effective organization and time management skills with projects, reports and other duties; effectively manages multiple priorities and is punctual and dependable.
Security Clearance Required