The Structural Senior Project Engineer is responsible for technical design and leadership for projects and services in the structural engineering group. The Senior Project Engineer leads the technical design, execution, and delivery of projects as subject matter expert, mentor, and resource to the technical team. Position leads, directs, and delegates work of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Designers. Role will conceptualize, execute, and ensure quality throughout the design process to meet our clients’ needs and expectations.
•Accredited engineering degree or equivalent education and experience required. •Registered Structural Engineer (SE) license or other professional license or certification based on expertise required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a team(s) in the structural engineering group in the design of a wide range of project types and complexity including data centers and mission critical facilities, healthcare, commercial, life-sciences, higher education, industrial, civic, and institutional among others for new and existing construction.
- Plans and manages technical work and staffing within the group as required to achieve business plan, effectively deliver projects, maintain client relationships, develop new business, and position the group to accomplish and achieve long term goals.
- Manages ESD’s technical project process and scope of work within own discipline; reviews schedule and budgeted hours; finds and resolves all inconsistencies with project manager.
- Delegates tasks to project engineers and designers within own discipline as appropriate.
- Follows ESD’s quality management process; conducts project reviews and approvals before all QA/QC reviews done by the technical authority.
- Maintains strong client relations; able to understand and articulate project and design requirements, progress, and troubleshooting to clients and technical staff.
- Coordinates well with all disciplines to fully integrate work and client requests into design.
- Acts as supervisor and resource to technical design team; supports and assists staff education and development.
- Assists the Practice Leader in marketing and business development for the group as well as coordinating with corporate marketing.
- Actively participates in the engineering/professional community to build personal knowledge and professional growth (e.g. attends meetings / seminars / conferences and/or write articles for trade magazines.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering practices and principles in own discipline and basic knowledge of practices and principals in other disciplines.
- •Minimum 10 years related industry experience is preferred
- Able to conceptualize and develop solutions for multifaceted systems and interactions with varied disparate components.
- Strong technical and analytical skills and experience.
- Proficient in applicable software (ie, REVIT and CAD among others)
- Strong communicator who effectively conveys scope, schedule, and budget to clients, co-workers, and technical teams (e.g. work plan, statement of work, and 2-way communication.)
- Adept at writing comprehensive reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Equipped to analyze, problem solve, and train others; organized and attentive to detail; flexible and collaborative.
- Able to independently resolve complex problems within the engineer’s discipline.