May 09, 2022
ESD-Environmental Systems Design
The Structural Project Engineer performs basic structural technical and project management duties under the supervision of a Senior Project Engineer. Understands and identifies project requirements and performs independent technical work on advanced structural tasks. Provides guidance to Structural Designers on completion of duties.
Intermediate (5-10 years)
•Accredited engineering degree or equivalent education and experience required. •Minimum 5 years related industry experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops advanced structural systems designs with minimal supervision
- Prepares project deliverables per the client’s intent and scope of work in ESD's proposal.
- Follows ESD’s quality management process; reviews project deliverables before submitting to QA/QC reviewer.
- Provides QC review and approves small scale projects as requested by the technical authority.
- Actively participates in the engineering professional community to build personal knowledge and professional growth (e.g. attend meetings / seminars / conferences and/or write articles for trade magazines.)
- Performs duties to assist with or provide project management tasks as follows:
- Gives input or creates plans to complete tasks within the project timeline and budget, identifies required precursors from other disciplines in a timely fashion.
- Fully understands and advises clients of ESD’s service offerings. (“5X”)
- Meets or exceeds utilization goals and adheres to project budget.
- Identifies and reports potential roadblocks and competing client and co-worker priorities that may inhibit the ability to maintain the project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Develops understanding of ESD’s accounting and project management systems.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of structural engineering practices within own discipline and basic knowledge of practices and principles of other disciplines.
- •Registered Structural Engineer (SE) license preferred or other professional certification based on area of expertise preferred.
- Able to conceptualize and develop solutions for basic building structural systems in entirety including interactions with varied disparate components.
- Strong technical and analytical skills and experience.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of nomenclature, design techniques, materials, details, system components, construction techniques, related engineering systems, and building codes
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents, specifications, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Proficient in applicable software (i.e. Revit, CAD, structural software, and others).
- Strong communicator who effectively conveys scope and coordination items to clients, vendors, and co-workers.
- Adept at writing comprehensive reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Displays effective organization and time management skills with projects, reports and other duties; effectively manages multiple priorities and is punctual and dependable.
Security Clearance Required