The Practice Leader (PL) is responsible and accountable for developing the strategic vision of the Business Unit or Market Sector across multiple Business Units. The PL drives the external image of ESD as a thought leader in the industry. The PL supports business development including but not limited to establishing new business, maintaining existing accounts, reviewing proposals and pricing, client management and participating in projects where technical or client advisement/oversight is needed.
The PL is primarily responsible for externally focused activities. The PL, in conjunction with the appropriate OD(s) are responsible for maintaining a vision, an ESD Business Unit point of view, and a strategy that comprehensively embraces the ESD Advantage while supporting team development within the respective Business Unit(s). The PL is responsible for monitoring the respective markets and client’s needs to ensure alignment of company offerings and deliverables. The PL is responsible and accountable for the overall market penetration, sales, growth and guidance to ensure the ESD advantage is identified and maintained in the respective market segments.
•Accredited engineering degree or equivalent experience 10+ yrs required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Growing the market segment and achieving established sales, outreach, revenue and profitability goals of the business unit.
- Lead client development initiatives and support strategic engineering/consulting project pursuits and execution efforts.
- Marketing and business development for the practice as well as coordinating with other business units and corporate marketing.
- Lead and support the Key Account Relationship Management (KARM program within the business units. Develop, assign and ensure follow-through with all KARMs within the business units.
- Develop, implement, and achieve the practice and company vision, strategy, and goals.
- Provide mentorship in coordination with the OD to further the career development of staff, client facing skills and align skillsets with strategic planning.
- Active participation in industry and client events to further to brand recognition of ESD and increase the Thought Leadership perception of ESD.
- Provide insight to the OD related to aspects of staffing, employee development, resource utilization, technical skills enhancement, training, and project assignments.
- Develop and nurture expertise in the respective business unit with support from technical team leaders and Operations Director. Establish a point of view and communicate thought leadership that builds awareness and differentiates ESD in the industry.
- Participate in preparation, review, and approve RFP response content and pricing with the respective operations director, studio manager, team leads, and project manager as needed.
- Coordinate with the Chief of Services and Chief of Engineering to ensure alignment of initiatives, goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the Operations Director (OD) to develop business unit specific operation plans that identifies revenue, profitability, utilization, resource requirements, etc. goals for the company.
- Attend client sponsored functions and industry events to represent ESD.
- Demonstrates strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss technical and business concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision maker; articulates ideas and solutions clearly when dealing with complex and uncertain situations.
- Politically astute and able to understand the business development and operational requirements in client relationships.
- Strong business development and marketing background, including strong client and employee interface capabilities.
- Sound industry network and significant reputation in the industry.
- Demonstrates strong critical and analytical thinking skills with the ability to create, convey and successfully deploy engineering and business strategies and problem solving.
- 15+ years of consulting specifying engineering, focused in the area of the practice and is widely recognized as having extensive knowledge and leadership of engineering/consulting practices including extensive experience in managing design projects and teams.
- BS/Masters Degree in engineering.
- Relevant Licensure and Certification for market segment
- Revenue Target Achievement
- Contribution Margin/ Net Income
- Client Satisfaction
- Revenue Growth
- New Client Key Account Development
- Sales Target