May 10, 2022
ESD-Environmental Systems Design
The Assistant Project Manager is directly responsible to assist the Project Manager for the overall successful execution and delivery of the project, both to the Client and ESD, according to the contract. The Assistant Project Manager represents ESD and is to assist the Project Manager with the assigned project management tasks and functions. He/she shall assist in overseeing the planning, implementation and tracking of the project and its specified deliverables to meet the client’s expectations and goals and provides a positive experience.
Capable to assist of pursuing opportunities and managing all project activities, with limited oversight or support, on projects with the following characteristics:
- Any size project
- Standard to Moderate project complexity
- Standard to Medium schedule duration projects
- Design-Bid-Build project delivery
- Projects with no Sub-Consultants to ESD
- Proposal preparation using ESD Standard Letter Templates
- Familiar with AIA format contract formats
- May requires assistance reviewing and negotiating contracts
- Multi-Phase project design projects or Multi-Phase construction projects
- Management of Domestic US Projects
Entry-level (0-5 years)
•Accredited engineering degree or equivalent experience required. •3+ years of Engineering experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible to assist the Project Manager with all project management functions, as directed by the Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager shall complete the assigned tasks / functions based on the input and direction provided by the Project Manager, and with direct oversight by the project manager; including but not limited to the following project management tasks:
- Drive the work on the project; set the priorities, procedures, scope and schedule; publish and coordinate project team member assignments with the Studio Leader and/or Operations Director; obtain resource commitment for all disciplines.
- Manage assigned projects through all stages of the project lifecycle; including, Project Initiation, Project Planning, Project Execution, Project Monitoring & Control, and Project Closure.
- Follow and implement all established company processes and procedures.
- Facilitate project kick-off meeting with all members of the project team and related personnel to clearly communicate the objectives, scope, design and schedule of the project
- Develop a detailed Work Plan for completing the design within the scope of work, project timeline and budget; identify required precursors from other disciplines in a timely fashion, and track details/data/information/activities for proper project documentation
- Direct, coordinate and support the members of the project team to meet the objectives of the client and the project profitability goals for ESD
- Maintain contractual, business and financial related records for the project; keep the client, Studio Leader, Operations Director, and the Accounting Department informed on the financial status of the project
- Identify QA/QC requirements for the project and schedule appropriate technical reviews
- Manage the client’s expectations to a positive outcome; participate in client meetings as required.
- Notify the client of changes in project scope, prepare estimates for additional design fees, issue work authorization to client and obtain client approval prior to performing any additional services
- Actively participates in cross selling of ESD services and new project pursuits
- Make a personal investment in professional growth and development by seeking ways to expand responsibilities, knowledge, and abilities
- Create and maintain purpose-built tools that support the Project Management of the projects unique to your Business Unit; including templates and standardize deliverables, to increase overall project quality and efficiency
- Possess basic knowledge of engineering practices within own discipline and basic knowledge of practices and principles of other disciplines.
- Knowledge of commonly used and accepted design and construction concepts, practices, procedures; including, American Institute of Architects, Construction Specifications Institute
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents and specifications, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner; demonstrate strong written, oral, listening, and presentation skills to confidently interact and coordinate both technical and non-technical issues with the internal project team, Client and other Consultants
- Manages work independently and delegates and utilizing other ESD staff and productive partners effectively
- Demonstrates effective organizational and time management skills regarding projects, reports and other commitments; completes assignments in a quality and timely fashion; able to manage multiple priorities concurrently; is punctual and dependable
- Effectively builds positive morale on the team by inspiring confidence, instilling enthusiasm and cohesiveness, and influencing employees to act
Security Clearance Required