May 10, 2022
ESD-Environmental Systems Design
The Project Engineer performs basic technical and project management duties under the supervision of a Senior Project Engineer or Project Manager. Understands and identifies project requirements and performs independent technical work on basic tasks within one’s own discipline. Provides guidance to Designers on completion of duties.
Entry-level (0-5 years)
•Accredited engineering degree or equivalent experience required. •Minimum 4 years related industry experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops advanced systems designs within own discipline with minimal supervision
- Prepares project deliverables per the client’s intent and scope of work in ESD's proposal.
- Follows ESD’s quality management process; reviews project deliverables before submitting to QA/QC reviewer;
- Provides QC review and approves small scale projects as requested by the technical authority.
- Actively participates in the engineering/professional community to build personal knowledge and professional growth (e.g. attend meetings / seminars / conferences and/or write articles for trade magazines.)
- Performs duties to assist or act as the project manager as follows:
- Gives input or creates plans to complete tasks within the project timeline and budget, identifies required precursors from other disciplines in a timely fashion.
- Fully understands and advises clients of ESD’s service offerings. (“5X”)
- Meets or exceeds utilization goals and adheres to project budget.
- Identifies and reports potential roadblocks and competing client and co-worker priorities that may inhibit the ability to maintain the project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Develops understanding of ESD’s accounting and project management systems.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of engineering practices within own discipline and basic knowledge of practices and principles of other disciplines.
- Able to conceptualize basic building systems within own discipline in entirety including interactions with varied disparate components.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of nomenclature, design techniques, materials, details, system components, construction techniques, related engineering systems, and building codes
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents, specifications, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Proficient in applicable software (i.e. CAD and Revit).
- Strong communicator who effectively conveys scope and coordination items to clients, vendors, and co-workers.
- Adept at writing comprehensive reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Displays effective organization and time management skills with projects, reports and other duties; effectively manages multiple priorities and is punctual and dependable.
Security Clearance Required