Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Ability to read, understand and create electrical schematics;
- Ability to read, understand and create engineering drawings and sketches;
- Understanding of design and manufacturing process;
- Comfortable using common computer applications to perform routine tasks (SAP/MSOffice);
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of electrical design;
- Ability to work independently and with others;
- Good oral and written communications skills;
- Strong customer focus;
- Proactive and motivated to thrive in a technical design environment;
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult;
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others;
- Ability to apply engineering principles to design, test and other engineering procedures;
- Knowledge & prior experience with engineering CAD and analysis software;
- Minimum 3 years relevant engineering experience in electrical design.
- Expected high level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult;
- Thorough understanding of complex mechanical and/or electrical concepts;
- Previous locomotive or heavy equipment design familiarity and test experience;
- Experience with Engineering design software(s) – Unigraphics/NX, Creo, TeamCenter;
- Experience with Pro-Diagram / AutoCAD or any other electrical design programs;
- Familiarity with electrical engineering and design / manufacturing processes;
- Some mechanical design experience and knowledge.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits.
This position is eligible for relocation benefits
EEO Information :
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities