May 11, 2022
Job Purpose :
The purpose of this position is to contribute to the design, development and manufacturing of world class rail products and services vital to our customer’s needs through the application of specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities. Work involves independent judgement, decision making, and creativity. Management is available to provide additional guidance for unusual situations.
Key Job Elements :
- Develop, maintain and enhance system and software designs based on eliciting and analyzing high level system requirements;
- Work with product management and aftermarket on development of new control system products;
- Creation of control system software requirements based on high level requirements and design;
- Be able to work with third party electrical systems, and do what is necessary to integrate those systems into the control system;
- Work with software engineers to implement system designs, and test engineers to verify software operation;
- Validate the final product on software simulation stands or in the field on locomotives as required;
- Provide support to field service personnel as required based on field problems related to areas of responsibility;
- Travel as required to complete validation of system design. This travel should not exceed 25% of employee’s time.
Qualifications & Experience :
- High analytical aptitude required in the area of System Design, System Development, System Integration and System Validation;
- Strong personal skills and the ability to work in groups;
- Experience writing technical documents;
- Experience with CAN, Ethernet, and other communication protocols;
- 2+ years engineering experience.
- Knowledge of control theory;
- Familiarity with Polarion or similar requirements managment tools;
- Familiarity with EN-50657 or similar requirements and software development process;
- Matlab & system modelling;
- Knowledge of C and C ++ programming languages.
Entry-level (0-5 years)
Education/Training : Required: • BS Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering. Preferred: • Master Degree, Electrical Engineering.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
This position is eligible for relocation benefits.
EEO Information :
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Security Clearance Required