May 12, 2022
Northbrook, IL, USA
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
As our global footprint continues to grow, we are looking for a Fire Containment Engineering Leader to manage our team in Northbrook, IL!
What you’ll learn & achieve:
Effectively manages the day-to-day activities of team, supporting and guiding decisions on projects, project management and opportunities within a highly matrixed organization. Assists Engineering Manager in defining goals and performance objectives and metrics to execute strategy, with a focus on financial goals and metrics (revenue, profit, enterprise value, etc.). Drives a high performing team by managing the performance, development, and engagement of team members.
This role is responsible for building relationships with customers and supporting the commercial team by ensuring workload balance and providing technical support needed to satisfy customers and adhere to UL Mission.
- Implements and executes capacity and capability management under the guidance of the Engineering Manager.
- Ensures effective work-flow by engaging with cross functional leads and customers to understand scope of projects and technical needs to assign resources effectively.
- Responsible for driving process improvements to ensure financial results are achieved.
- Typically supports local members of a team but may support remote employees in other locations.
- Drives a high performing team by managing the performance and development of team members.
- Operates effectively in the UL matrix to actively support and drive high performance culture changes, transformation efforts and people engagement.
- Holds team and self-accountable for results, assists Engineering Manager in defining goals and performance objectives and metrics to execute strategy.
- Develops and coaches by providing, training, career counseling, feedback, guidance to drive high performance and morale.
- Ensures understanding of and compliance with all established policies and requirements.
- Increases customer loyalty, anticipates customer needs and provides proactive solutions.
- Gathers, shares, and responds to customer feedback. Coaches and mentors employees to do the same.
- Supports sales by building relationships with customers, requiring a deep understanding of what is in pipeline, obtaining feedback on how UL can do better, what is working well and identifies actions and solutions.
- Provides direct support to customers and team by providing technical guidance and engineering judgment to complete projects and address all issues arising needing resolution (i.e., customer complaints, unusual requests, technical advice).
- Ensures quality and adherence to policies and standards requirements.
- Leads and/or participates in discussions to drive business initiatives through brainstorming discussions.
- Empowers and holds team accountable to find new opportunities to effectively drive growth & financial goals (revenue, profit, enterprise value, etc.).
- Delegates Project Handlers to establish the appropriate test programs. Supports and guides project handlers to ensure compliance with requirements, changes in project scope or specifications and customer notifications.
What makes you a great fit:
- University degree (equivalent to a Bachelor degree) in Business Administration, Management, Engineering, or related field plus generally five years directly related experience. Lean Sigma Green Belt or Lean Leadership Training preferred.
- UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the safety of our employees, customers, and clients. Effective November 1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
What you’ll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure, and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply ingrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work, and grow together with targeted development, reward, and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: In the US, we provide lots of great benefits for our employees are their families. From Volunteer Days off to 401k match and retirement contribution benefits to flexible work location & schedule options we look to support our employees no matter what stage in life they are experiencing.
Intermediate (5-10 years)
niversity degree (equivalent to a Bachelor degree) in Business Administration, Management, Engineering, or related field
5 years related experience preferred.
Security Clearance Required