HARTING Americas is a subsidiary of HARTING Technology Group, a German-based global leader in the connector industry. We develop, manufacture and sell the world’s most durable and reliable products and solutions for use in mechanical and plant engineering, broadcast and entertainment, factory automation, power generation and distribution as well as industrial electronics and telecommunication.
This is a product management role with a heavy focus on technical selling, opportunity generation and support for all custom solutions within our focus markets of Machinery, Automation, Energy, Data Centers. The Product Manager is responsible for being an opportunity leader for all North American HARTING Customized Solutions, mainly supporting our production locations in the US and Mexico. Developing new custom solution opportunities together with our sales team, identifying future assembly manufacturing needs and acting as the main internal communication point from initial request to first order are main functions. Supporting our internal engineering teams with customer gained knowledge is also an integral job function. Knowledge of industrial connectors, cable assemblies, control panels, and technical selling is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes:
- Responsible for preparing and presenting customer proposals during on-site meetings w/ sales team in order to convince customers to use our solution.
- Be an opportunity leader for all HARTING Customized Solution opportunities.
- Influence and guide internal teams by prioritizing key projects
- Determines future internal production capabilities as to drive new custom product revenue.
- Develops customer specific product plans with local and global engineering teams.
- Monitors monthly and quarterly revenue vs budget.
- Works cross functionally with outside sales, engineering, customer service, inside sales and production to communicate customers’ expectations.
- Understand and communicate customer requirements to engineering teams.
- Coordinates product design and development and estimates of potential profits.
- Develops and maintains effective pricing strategies, product-positioning strategies and identifies new markets and opportunities.
- First-hand knowledge of the competition, including; maintaining up to date competitive SWOT information.
- Initiates all actions for product promotions, including trainings and sales literature, to stimulate sales and meet budget.
- Develops and coordinates marketing and sales plans.
- Responsible for creating new product information & additional capabilities via (trainings, webinars, website, etc.)
- Works with targeted customers and distribution to support the product line and sales efforts
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in business and or engineering
- 5+ years of product management or technical sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of current Windows OS and Office Suite products and various Windows applications including presentation software.
- Industrial connector, cable, and technical sales experience is preferred
- Must be able to travel 25% of time.
- Must have valid passport for occasional international travel
As a third generation, family-owned company, with over 75 years of history, we continue to create value and shape the future with technologies for people. You will discover that we work hard – to fulfill our personal, company, and customer goals, and in our commitment to our community with our holiday drives and our paid VTO (Voluntary Time Off). You will also discover that we like to have fun – like when we celebrate the holidays, host theme days and sweater parties, prost to Oktoberfest, and much more!
HARTING USA offers an attractive total compensation package and employee benefits, including:
- 18 days PTO (Paid Time Off) to start – quickly earn more PTO as you stick with us (33 days max)
- Medical, dental, and vision – several Blue Cross Blue Shield plan options to choose from
- Company-sponsored life, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability – at no cost to employee
- 401(k) with a 4% dollar-for-dollar match – fully vested upon eligibility!