At Zebra, we’re reinventing how businesses operate at the enterprise edge - helping them run faster, smarter, and more connected than ever before.
A dynamic community of builders, doers and problem solvers, we each play a unique role - shaping new technologies, bringing solutions to market, and partnering with companies on the front line of business.
The Product Management team drives the development of product definition and planning to optimize the company’s products and solutions. The team applies broad knowledge of company’s product and solutions capabilities as well as the competitive environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product opportunities. Leads all aspects of the analysis and evaluation of key market statistics and customer requirements to define product strategies and identify product opportunities to expand market share.
As a Product Manager Principal, you will be responsible for a specific product line contribution to the overall business unit. This includes increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
*Ideal candidate will work in our Holtsville, NY office-Would also consider Remote for right experience- within Central or Eastern TIME ZONES(Remote to start due to Covid-19)*
- The Product Manager Principal owns the overall marketing message/value proposition statement, business case/P&L, market acceptance of the product and is the GM for the product and portfolio
- Through vast knowledge of the market, competitive landscape, customer requirements, distribution channels and Zebra offerings, anticipates market and customer requirements for assigned product(s)
- Responsibility for the growth and business success of an assigned product line life cycle and/or product category. The role will lead all aspects of other product managers in both developing strategies and handling tactical execution of product growth and development plans as well as delivering management objectives, coaching, and mentoring.
- Ensures that organization works with the Product Marketing and Marketing Communications in developing product promotion programs.
- Product Life Cycle Management-Work closely with operations/supply chain to accurately lead, forecast, ramp plans, component obsolescence, misaligned sales orders, yield issues, and product hold issues.
- Actively supports the Sales organization. Responsible for competitive analysis, including detailed metrics and analysis to support business case and product development process.
- Work closely with internal partners throughout the development process in negotiating design trade-offs as needed.
- Sets Pricing strategy. Monitors financial performance of product lines and makes recommendations for pricing action against revenue and margin objectives.
- Bachelors Degree ideally in Engineering or Technical field
- 12+ years’ experience in passive RFID systems and ability to create offerings within discipline (UHF Gen2V2), including at least 3 years overseeing product managers in related discipline or technology industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong ability to interact with partners to deliver solutions to customers
- Ability to work with Sales and Technical Sales to deploy passive UHF RFID systems
- Strong communication (written, verbal and oral presentation skills as well as ability to effectively present information to senior management, managers, clients and customers)
- Ability to assess complex market landscape and create focused, integrated product plans
- Attention to detail, and strong understanding of complex products and systems
- Deep understanding of financial concepts including P&L, balances sheets, and ROI models with delivery of product through defined objectives
- Masters Degree
- Advanced market knowledge in assigned product vertical, category or technology or solutions with proven ability to think strategically and develop strategic/business plans
- Be a self-starter; must be adaptable, persuasive, tenacious and perceptive and be able to execute a well-developed plan
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrates good judgement in decision making, applies knowledge and experience to guide decisions
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/eeoisthelawposter.pdf. The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/ginasupplement.pdf.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.