At Zebra, we’re reinventing how businesses operate at the enterprise edge - helping them run faster, smarter, and more connected than ever before.
A dynamic community of builders, doers and problem solvers, we each play a unique role - shaping new technologies, bringing solutions to market, and partnering with companies on the front line of business.
Being a part of Zebra means making your mark as we make digital transformation a reality.
It means growing into a leader at a leading company that makes a distinct difference - because together, we’ve only just begun.
We build today, so we can create tomorrow. Join Zebra and change the world with us.
Takes ownership of new product, services, and/or solutions sales for assigned US Federal Government end-user account(s). Develops and executes sales strategy for assigned Federal Government account(s) with manager’s input; develops strong relationships with key customer contacts and leverages to Zebra’s advantage; creates and delivers high impact sales presentations and capable of product training; often used for those with strong technical background but limited sales experience. Develops and executes sales strategies for new products, services and solutions with minimal input from manager for a higher level of financial responsibility; proactively sells solutions independently or in conjunction with Zebra's broader product portfolio. As required, leverages relationships with other business units and/or external partners to deliver solution; Develops strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers; Initiates and leads customer presentations and value proposition creation.
~ 50% travel will be expected for this remote opportunity. The ideal candidate will be based in/around within a commutable distance to Washington, DC.
- Technical Skills - Uses moderate domain/solutions knowledge
- Knowledge of Zebra - Utilizes solid understanding of all Products/Services in business
- Sales Skills - Applies Solution Selling concepts to customer situations; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Managerial Skills - Understands policies and practices related to role and shares ideas for improvement
- Business Acumen - Understands and explains how Zebra solutions can help customer's business results; obtains profitable revenue growth via value proposition vs. competition
- Market/customer Knowledge - Uses full knowledge of customer's business and market economics/trends to position effectively versus competition
- Relevant experience selling Mobile Technology to Federal Agencies
- Solution Complexity/Strategic Thinking
- Nature of Problems Solved - Solves routine problems of moderate complexity (e.g. verifying technical compatibility) at the customer level
- Role in Addressing Problems - Understands and resolves problems with support from technical resources
- Complexity of Solutions - Typically medium complexity (e.g. value proposition vs. competition), but may have some complex projects that require unique coordination of technical resources
- Freedom to Act
- Level of Guidance - Works under general supervision. Makes decisions of moderate complexity that impact deliverables of projects; exercises judgment in approach, sometimes requiring and assessing tradeoffs
- Takes Direction From - Group Manager and Directors
- Customer Interface
- Role - Acts independently or as a team lead for ad-hoc teams
- Level of Customer Contact - Buyers/decision makers for small and mid-sized deals and end users
- Main Level of Interaction - Responsible for influencing the customer to purchase moderate size projects
- Required Knowledge of Customer - Operational strategies for success and competitors
- Business and Financial Impact - Responsible for individual revenue attainment with established prices and personal expenses
- Relative Size and Scope - Moderate to average individual quota size for business and like roles
- Types of Projects - Many transactions with some moderately complex deals
- Strategic Impact for Zebra - Medium/mid-term
- Bachelors or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of selling technical solutions to US Federal Government agencies
- Robust network of contacts in the industry
- Experience selling mobile technology solutions (handhelds, printers, tablets) a strong differentiator
- Must be comfortable selling in a highly technical environment and possess sophisticated technical comprehension
- Demonstrated ability to develop and adapt advanced sales strategies to unique customer needs and advance partner relationships
- Ability to travel domestically 50% or more as business dictates
- Uses advanced domain/solutions knowledge to competitive advantage
- Develops and adapts advanced sales strategies to unique customer needs; creates customer partnerships
- Often leads others in their development; provides input to policies and practices
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/eeoisthelawposter.pdf. The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/ginasupplement.pdf.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.