At Zebra, we’re reinventing how businesses operate at the enterprise edge - helping them run faster, smarter, and more connected than ever before. A dynamic community of builders, doers and problem solvers, we each play a unique role - shaping new technologies, bringing solutions to market, and partnering with companies on the front line of business.
Being a part of Zebra means making your mark as we make digital transformation a reality.
Build Today. Create Tomorrow. Join a team of builders, doers and problem solvers!
Become a leader at a leading company.
Become a Zebra!
You will lead software engineering resources including skill & talent development as well as leading customer project assignment and develops Professional Services’ overall system architecture and technical practices!
The Global Systems Test Department under Enterprise Mobile Computing will validate and ensuring the quality compliance of all EMC product releases by Zebra! The Department utilizes outstanding test tools and sophisticated test automation.
- Engineering Management of software resources available to Global Software Solution Test department in Embedded Mobile computing solution based out of NY USA.
- Coordinate and lead all aspects of the global system test organization including product specific test execution, test automation, personnel decisions, and budget/salary planning. Be an innovator in advanced test methods, Test tools, test automation, Test metrics, driven bench marking and bring in Industry standard methodologies. Strong understanding of android OS based mobile systems,
- This position is responsible for developing design, evaluating test for product development for android/windows based Embedded Mobile Computing Devices. Will lead all aspects of a global test team to ensure solution meets Regulatory and Quality compliance.
- Directs and controls the activities of the team matched to market needs for software projects, including being responsible for the skill set at a macro level.
- Develops and establishes operational policies within area handled, delegates assignments, and leads performance of the development engineers
- Collaborate with key Zebra technology areas where custom application and integration software is required for the technology success.
- Resource management and assignment against customer-based software project needs.
- Regularly collaborates with senior leadership, key internal/external organizations.
- Internally recognized leader who exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for acquiring results
- Extensive expertise in software engineering needs for Zebra products & technologies and their implementation & integration with customer systems
- Develops and implements programs/solutions to improve processes, reduce costs and cycle time, and improve customer service
- Bachelor's degree with 8 + years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in a managerial role/ leadership role.
- 3 Years’ experience in mobile application testing on Android platform.
- Understanding of Mobile testing.
- Experience working with Android/Windows devices testing
- Prior working experience in retail IT environment and deployed mobile devices to employees a plus.
- Should have mobile device deployment, upgrade, downgrade scenarios experience.
- Experienced with quality process such as ISO, six sigma or CMM desired.
- Hands on experience with implementing test metrics for larger teams.
- Experienced working with Global software test vendors.
- Proficient in planning, executing, automating and providing metrics reporting on various QA activities within Zebra.
- Expertise of test management tools, defect management tools and automation tools.
Come join our HERD!
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/eeoisthelawposter.pdf. The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/ginasupplement.pdf.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.